Dental Crowns in Weymouth, MA
Dental Crowns in Weymouth, MA and veneers are both dental restorations used to repair chipped or damaged teeth. While both are simple and effective, veneers only cover the front portion of the tooth while crowns cover the whole tooth.
When getting treatment at Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry, it’s good to know about crowns and veneers so that you can make the right decision for yourself. Consult a qualified dentist near you for guidance.
Differences between Crowns and Veneers
Dental Crowns in Weymouth, MA, are covers for teeth and measure about 2 mm in thickness as opposed to veneers, which are wafer-thin plastic coverings for the front of your teeth. Crowns can be made of porcelain, metals, or porcelain-fused-to-metal types.
Crowns are needed to:
- Restore strength to a weakened tooth after a root canal
- Protect the structure of a cracked tooth
- Replace poorly inserted fillings
In the case of tooth decay, the dentist may need to remove the decayed portions of the tooth before placing the crown. Both crowns and veneers require tooth structure to be removed before they can be secured to the tooth.
Our dental crown dentist near you, can help you decide on the best dental crowns in Weymouth, MA.
What to Expect When You Get a Crown
There are certain steps that are usually followed for a dental crown procedure.
- The dentist will take a digital image or mold of your tooth in order to prepare a well-fitting crown.
- The dentist may fasten a temporary crown while waiting for the permanent one to be ready. Temporary crowns are usually made of stainless steel or acrylic-based material.
- Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry also offers same-day crowns to patients who don’t want to return another day. These are as strong and durable as traditional crowns.
- During the second appointment, the permanent crown is checked for fit and comfort before being cemented firmly into place.
If you’re looking for affordable dental crowns in Weymouth, MA, contact Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry for an experienced dentist near you.